Sunday, May 28, 2017

Hope for Hayden

Darkest of Days

Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.

-Psalm 31:9


As Trisomy parents we worry about what tomorrow will bring as tomorrow is never promised. You are grateful for each day God brings and each moment that you are able to spend with your child. We fear not if we will be back in the hospital but when and what will be the outcome of the next visit. With only one week of being back at home we had no idea this would be the outcome and we would be right back in the Pediatric ICU.

One of my worst fears came true as I had to call 911 and my daughter had to be rushed to the Emergency Room at Levine Children's Hospital. Throughout this journey we have had a lot of firsts but my first time calling 911 and riding in an ambulance I did not want to be one of them.  Hayden was having difficulty breathing as she was breathing heavily, had very low oxygen levels, and started to change color even with increased oxygen flow at home. 

Six days later we are still in the Pediatric ICU and Hayden is still fighting the good fight. She is showing us she is small but mighty, fragile but fierce, and that she is a true miracle at almost 5 months of age. We are so incredibly proud of her tenacity and strength and she is teaching Tim and I each day how to be strong and courageous just like her.  We lift our precious daughter up in prayer as we ask him to comfort us in his loving arms and give us strength to overcome. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment